Wednesday, January 4, 2012

National Championship Game Will Be Only The Second Time To Superdome For The Honey Badger

Interesting article from Les East of the Baton Rouge Advocate on Tyrann Mathieu's background and how attending and playing sports at St. Augustine helped him with the challenges he faced in the New Orleans neighborhood where he grew up:

LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu was born and raised in New Orleans, but as near as he can recall, he has been in the Superdome only one time. It was to watch some nondescript New Orleans Saints game “awhile ago.”
When it comes to football, Mathieu is definitely a doer and not a watcher.
“I can’t watch football,” Mathieu said. “I’d rather go throw a ball in the yard or something. I have to be the one out there playing. I’ve never really been a spectator. It would have to be a really big-time game for me to watch it on TV.”
To continue reading:  http://theadvocate.com/sports/1714526-32/opportunistic.html

No comments:

Post a Comment